Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Racking 'em up for Jesus


In these dark days of the Endtimes it's hard to keep kids on the straight and narrow. God knows it's hard for even a Christian parent like me to do it. I have to pray double every day to keep my daughter Eustacia from sitting around doing nothing but watching that Oprah woman on the TV and all her ungodly New Age nonsense. Getting her out of that chair takes the patience of a saint or maybe a Mack truck and a hoist. One or the other. So it's nice to see someone motivating the young folk like The Honorable Judge Ray Grimes who runs the Truancy Court in Clarksville, Tennessee. He invited Eric “The Preacher” Yow, who's a lawyer, a professional pool shark and also a Pulpit Minister for the Church of Christ to show the kids some trick pool shots that will no doubt get them back on track. Like he says, “Just as Jesus used parables to teach important Gospel messages, I demonstrate by illustrative pool trick shots and stories from my life significant life lessons that these troubled teens greatly need to hear.” Well that makes sense to me. I'm sure Jesus would've done the same thing if they'd had pool back then. I guess the lesson is that life is like a game of pool. You need to place a side bet on Jesus and hustle to win and with a little help from the Lord you will walk away with the prize. You need to keep your cue stick chalked up and in the game and get your balls in the right places and you'll succeed. I'm inspired myself just thinking about The Preacher's message and what kid wouldn't be? So if you've got a kid who's making trouble or not showing up at school why don't you take him on down to your local pool hall and give him a good motivating like Preacher Yow and maybe you'll wind up with a winner. Make a bank shot for the Lord.

No comments: