Friday, May 29, 2009

I'm Turning Myself In!














Carolyn Hileman over at The Voice has a genius of an idea. In her post "We are now at war" she says:

I was sitting in church this Sunday, and it hit me, I might as well turn my self in. I will not bow to anyone but my Savior and his name is not Obama, I will not give up my right to own a gun, I will not give up my right to protest, as a matter of fact I will not willingly give up any of my rights.

Now I admit I don't usually think stuff like that when I'm at Church but I'm not as deep a thinker as Carolyn is. Usually I'm just thinking about Jesus or whether Pastor Coot is going to wrap up before kickoff. He does tend to go on some. But if I did have other thoughts I hope it would be one like this. She goes on to say:

The thought occurs to me that if we all turned ourselves in immediately after the tea parties on the Fourth, the police and Sheriffs departments would be over whelmed. If we were to walk in and identify ourselves as extremists, tell them our weapons of choice are the constitution, bill of rights and our Bible. Maybe then they would know that we are not just a bunch of people spread out across the country but a force united in beliefs and actions. This is not to say there will be no arrests made, for we must assume there are those who wear the uniform who would put us in cuffs for believing in any of those things, but their jails cannot hold us all, the court system cannot bear such a heavy burden and per chance they might decide as they have done for the illegal immigrants that there are just to many to prosecute and give up.

That's one heck of a thought. And as soon as I read it a light bulb went off in my head. A 40 watt one, not one of those treehugger bulbs. Why don't I get the whole Elgin Men's Christian Revivalist American Militia to turn ourselves in? It's a war alright and we'll win by giving up! We'll march right in to the Elgin Police and dare them to arrest us. And if they do then we are willing to be Christian Martyrs for the Cause, just like Jesus. Now it’s true Jesus didn’t turn Himself in, they had to come get Him, but I’m sure He would of if they hadn’t. Anyway, if we did that what would Not-My-President Barack HUSSEIN Obama do about it? He’d have to raise our taxes to keep us all in prison and then even more people would rebel! It’s a perfect plan and we are 110% behind you Carolyn.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Turn ourselves in?! Hell, they'll have to come and get me. That's why I've got an arsenal in the rumpus room. Just let Janet Reno dare to send her jack-booted knaves into my home. From my cold dead hands!!!